Golden Oldie Thursday (GOT) Polish Challenge - Coral

By
While scrolling through all the beautiful pictures on Instagram I noticed someone mentioning a GOT Polish Challenge (can't remember on whose IG account I've seen this), which means Golden Oldie Thursday Polish Challenge. Hmmmm, interesting, what does it mean????

After a few clicks I found out this is a weekly nailart challenge in wich you are supposed to use your 'golden oldies' (polishes over a year old, preferably worn before). Well HELLO, have you seen my helmer? Drawers full of polishes that fit this 'golden oldie' label! 
Only trouble is... I suck at nailart, big time.
But I found out, it doesn't have to be very complicated, it is all for fun and to get to wear those old polishes again (or dust off the old untrieds).
Sooooooooo here is my first contribution to the Golden Oldie Thursday Polish Challenge

April 10th - Coral

Coral. Hmmm, I used Wikipedia to help me find a coral polish from my stash, because I didn't know exactly which of my polishes are officially called coral. 
My good old Herôme - Marrakech (from 2011) matched what wiki says is the color coral.

My 'elaborate' nailart (winkwink) is done by placing glitter and stars on some nails.
Because Wiki also said that the complementary color of coral is teal, I decided to use teal as the accent color in this mani.


So I really like this challenge, it's only once a week and it does not have difficult themes like: 'paint a Van Gogh' on your nails. They just give you a color or a theme and you can do anything you like with that as long as your polish is over a year old. 

Want to know what is coming in the next weeks? Check out this picture:
The GOT Polish Challenge came from the creative mind of Debbie 'the Crumpet': http://www.the-crumpet.com/2014/01/got-polish-new-challenge-for-2014.html 

I'm going to use this great Challenge to make myself blogging more and get to know some of the amazing bloggers thate are also participating in this GOT Polish Challenge.
These are the other bloggers that are doing this weekly challenge:


2 comments:

  1. These are so cool! I love how you incorporated the glitter into this mani! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it was my first attempt at placing glitter, I've seen it on many blogs so I had to give it a try! :-)

      Delete

Big hug from me to you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I love reading your comments :-)

If you want me to check out your blog, please send me an email and I'll certainly take a look.
I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU if you leave your link in a comment, so don't even bother.

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

A England (2) alice in Wonderland (4) Anny (1) Apothica (8) Baby (4) Barielle (2) Beetlejuice (6) Beige (1) Beyu (1) black (15) Blaze (1) blue (49) blush (1) Born Pretty Store (1) Bourjois (1) Brown (2) brush stroke manicure (1) BYS (3) Catrice (9) cats (3) challenge (7) chevron (1) China Glaze (54) Christmas (1) Claire's (2) CND (1) Collistar (1) Color Club (19) comparison (6) Copper (3) coral (3) Crackle (8) creme (21) CultNails (2) cuteness (1) Deborah Lippmann (1) decoration (1) Diamond Cosmetics (2) distressed nails (1) dots (3) Duochrome (12) DutchIndie (4) Easter (1) Essence (16) Essie (5) EvilShades (1) Eyes (3) flakies (9) foil (9) Franken (2) French manicure (3) FUN Lacquer (2) Fyrinnae (2) Galaxy (1) giveaway (9) glassfleck (4) glitter (76) GlossyBox (4) Gold (30) Gosh (3) got (2) GOTPolishChallenge (6) Green (41) grey (5) groen (1) Guestblog (1) Hard Candy (1) Hema (25) Hennes and Maurits (3) herome (1) Herôme (10) highlight (1) Hits (2) Holographic (40) Hunkemöller (1) Indie nailpolish (12) Isadora (3) Jade (1) JindieNails (5) Kerstmis (1) Kiko (4) kkcenterhk (1) Kleancolor (4) Konad (19) LA Girl (4) lacquester (2) Laquester (1) lila (4) Lilac (1) Lips (2) magenta (1) make-up (1) Matte (11) mauve (1) MaxFactor (1) Metallic (12) Milani (5) Mint (3) Misa (30) Models Own (8) MS (1) multichrome (2) multicolour (15) nagellak (5) nailart (54) nailfoil (1) nailstickers (3) nailvinyls (1) Neon (20) Nfu-Oh (6) NicolebyOPI (1) Nubar (4) OMG (1) oogschaduw (1) oogschaduwpotlood (1) OPI (44) orange (15) Orly (11) Peach (2) Pink (49) PolishAlcoholic (1) pretty&polished (2) pu (1) Purple (42) rainbow (1) Red (15) Rescue Beauty Lounge (6) review (1) Sally Hansen (6) Sand (1) saran wrap (1) Savvy (1) SdP plate (3) sephora (2) Shatter (4) shimmer (25) silver (16) Sinful Colors (1) smartnails (10) snailvinyls (1) SpaRitual (6) splatter (2) splatternails (1) sponging (1) Spotted (1) stamping (1) stars (1) studs (2) Suede (1) swap (4) swatch (4) Tag (5) taupe (2) Teal (18) thermal (2) Tim Burton (3) toddler (1) turquoise (5) Tutorial (1) TwinkledT (1) Ultrachrome (1) Valentine (1) Vampy (5) vinyls (1) Viva la Nails (10) W7 (3) waterdecal (1) watermarble (1) Wet 'n Wild (1) white (9) Yellow (13) YesLove (1) ziplock (1) Zoya (9) zwart (1)

Followers