Testing Essence nail stickers - test lasted only 5 hours...

By
Warning! This is not going to be a nice review with pretty pictures. If you want to read about positive things, please come back tomorrow, then I'll review a  nice polish for you. Promised.

Waarschuwing! Dit gaat geen vriendelijke review zijn met mooie foto's. Als je alleen lieve postitieve dingen wil lezen, kom dan morgen maar terug, dan zal ik een mooi lakje reviewen. Beloofd.

So, these are the Essence Nail Fasion Stickers.
As you can see I chose a lovely red/purple/pink/silver design.

Dus dit zijn de Essence Nail Fashion Stickers.
Zoals je ziet heb ik een prachtig rood/paars/roze/zilver patroontje gekozen.

Here are the instructions, very easy to follow as you can see. I did exactly what point 1 to 5 instructed me to do. If I did it like that the stickers should have lasted 5 days is what Essence promises me. ( okay, I didn't really believe that ofcourse )

Hier zie je de instructies, erg makkelijk zoals je ziet. Ik heb precies gedaan wat punt 1 tot en met 5 me vertelden wat ik moest doen. Als je al die stappen goed volgt dan zouden deze stickers wel 5 dagen blijven zitten belooft Essence mij. ( okee, natuurlijk geloofde ik dat niet echt )

This is right after applying the stickers.
They are very hard to work with. The stickers are like paper and do not ajust well to the curve of your nails which makes it impossible to get them flat on your nails and I got ugly wrinkles on the sides. I used a cuticle pusher to try to flatten it, but it didn't work, the kept popping up.

Dit is net nadat ik de stickers op heb gedaan.
Ze zijn lastig om mee te werken. De stickers lijken op papier en reageren niet goed om de kromming van je nagel waardoor je ze niet glas op je nagels krijgt, maar met allemaal lelijke plooien aan de zijkant. Ik heb geprobeerd deze met een bokkenpootje glad te duwen, maar dat is duidelijk niet gelukt, ze schoten gewoon weer terug in de kreuk


Ugh, isn't this just terrible?

Gatverdamme, is dit niet verschrikkelijk?

You have to file off the excess sticker. I used a glass file so I wouldn't rip the ends. But as you can see it didn't matter, I got ragged tips that kept turning upwards.
Couldn't even fix my hair as it kept sticking to the tips.


Je moet de overtollige sticker eraf vijlen. Ik heb een glasvijl gebruikt zodat ik geen rafelige randjes zou krijgen. Zoals je ziet maakte dat geen bal uit, het zag er rafelig uit en de uiteinden kwamen steeds omhoog.
Kon niet eens mijn haar even doen omdat mn haar aan die puntjes pleef plakken.

My right hand. Even worse.

Mijn rechter hand. Nog erger.

Okay. I know I should have removed the stickers before I left the house and let nobody see me like this. But I still wanted to test them. This is after 2 of 3 hours when I was sitting in the sun with my friend Marjan drinking wine and the tips kept turning upwards. Not looking classy at all. An hour or two later I peeled them all off. End of the test.

Oke, ik weet dat ik hiermee nooit de deur uit had mogen gaan en me zo niet in het openbaar had mogen vertonen, maar ik was nog steeds vastbesloten deze stickers te testen. Dit is na een uurtje of 2 / 3 terwijl ik lekker met vriendin Marjan wijntjes aan het pimpelen was op een zonnig terrasje. De uiteindes kwamen nu echt serieus omhoog zetten. Echt niet chique dit. Een uurtje of twee later heb ik alle stickers eraf gepulkt. Einde test.

Result of test: Crap. Don't buy this.

Restultaat van de test: Troep. Koop dit niet.

Thank you all for watching.
I hope you have a wonderful sunny day!
XOXOXOXOXOXOX

6 comments:

  1. You should try the Sally Hansen version of these . They work so much better I assure you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I thought: I'm not going to buy this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dat had ik precies hetzelfde. Als je mijn review wilt zien van essence nagelstickers kijk dan even op mijn blog:

    http://lise-prettynails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. Sorry this didn't work out, that's always a bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never did get this. Thank goodness! :) Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ufff, these are just awful :S I hate 'em! I though they were gonna stick right and look cool but... PUAJJJ.
    I wrote a review in my blog and made a reference to yours :D Here's the link so you can come by if you want (although it's written in spanish). I just wanted to give you credit and spread the word about these infernal stickers! :P
    http://bigblondecloset.blogspot.com/2011/06/nail-fashion-stickers-de-essence.html

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Big hug from me to you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I love reading your comments :-)

If you want me to check out your blog, please send me an email and I'll certainly take a look.
I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU if you leave your link in a comment, so don't even bother.

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

A England (2) alice in Wonderland (4) Anny (1) Apothica (8) Baby (4) Barielle (2) Beetlejuice (6) Beige (1) Beyu (1) black (15) Blaze (1) blue (49) blush (1) Born Pretty Store (1) Bourjois (1) Brown (2) brush stroke manicure (1) BYS (3) Catrice (9) cats (3) challenge (7) chevron (1) China Glaze (54) Christmas (1) Claire's (2) CND (1) Collistar (1) Color Club (19) comparison (6) Copper (3) coral (3) Crackle (8) creme (21) CultNails (2) cuteness (1) Deborah Lippmann (1) decoration (1) Diamond Cosmetics (2) distressed nails (1) dots (3) Duochrome (12) DutchIndie (4) Easter (1) Essence (16) Essie (5) EvilShades (1) Eyes (3) flakies (9) foil (9) Franken (2) French manicure (3) FUN Lacquer (2) Fyrinnae (2) Galaxy (1) giveaway (9) glassfleck (4) glitter (76) GlossyBox (4) Gold (30) Gosh (3) got (2) GOTPolishChallenge (6) Green (41) grey (5) groen (1) Guestblog (1) Hard Candy (1) Hema (25) Hennes and Maurits (3) herome (1) Herôme (10) highlight (1) Hits (2) Holographic (40) Hunkemöller (1) Indie nailpolish (12) Isadora (3) Jade (1) JindieNails (5) Kerstmis (1) Kiko (4) kkcenterhk (1) Kleancolor (4) Konad (19) LA Girl (4) lacquester (2) Laquester (1) lila (4) Lilac (1) Lips (2) magenta (1) make-up (1) Matte (11) mauve (1) MaxFactor (1) Metallic (12) Milani (5) Mint (3) Misa (30) Models Own (8) MS (1) multichrome (2) multicolour (15) nagellak (5) nailart (54) nailfoil (1) nailstickers (3) nailvinyls (1) Neon (20) Nfu-Oh (6) NicolebyOPI (1) Nubar (4) OMG (1) oogschaduw (1) oogschaduwpotlood (1) OPI (44) orange (15) Orly (11) Peach (2) Pink (49) PolishAlcoholic (1) pretty&polished (2) pu (1) Purple (42) rainbow (1) Red (15) Rescue Beauty Lounge (6) review (1) Sally Hansen (6) Sand (1) saran wrap (1) Savvy (1) SdP plate (3) sephora (2) Shatter (4) shimmer (25) silver (16) Sinful Colors (1) smartnails (10) snailvinyls (1) SpaRitual (6) splatter (2) splatternails (1) sponging (1) Spotted (1) stamping (1) stars (1) studs (2) Suede (1) swap (4) swatch (4) Tag (5) taupe (2) Teal (18) thermal (2) Tim Burton (3) toddler (1) turquoise (5) Tutorial (1) TwinkledT (1) Ultrachrome (1) Valentine (1) Vampy (5) vinyls (1) Viva la Nails (10) W7 (3) waterdecal (1) watermarble (1) Wet 'n Wild (1) white (9) Yellow (13) YesLove (1) ziplock (1) Zoya (9) zwart (1)

Followers