My first attempt using nail foil

By
So this weeks prompt is 'flowers' and 'light blue'. I use this challenge to inspire me to do new things (or just to pick a color, as I'm usually clueless about what to wear on my nails). I might do the flowers later this week, but for now the 'light blue' inspired me to try out the nail foils I ordered a while ago.

My boyfriends reaction when I showed him the pictures: "Is it supposed to look like that???"
LOL! Yes dear, it is supposed to be this random and I did not mean to cover the entire nail.

Products used:
- Hema light blue nr 83 (perfect coverage in 2 easy coats)
- nailfoil

I looked at a few Youtube tutorials about how to use the foil without using glue and it looked fairly easy, so I just gave it a go. It was indeed easy and alot of fun so be prepared to see more nailfoils around here!!!! (I have 5 more unused foils left)

You just paint your nails, wait a few minutes until the polish is dry, but a little tacky, then you put the foil an your nail and rub on it until it transfers on your nail.
I found this tutorial by The nail Polish Challenge very helpful.

I didn't try to cover the entire nail because I wanted the light blue base to be visible. But I guess if you really want to, you can reapply the foil a few times for a better coverage.
with topcoat
The tutorial said you shouldn't apply topcoat over the foil as it reduces the shine. After taking the first pictures I decided to apply some topcoat to see the result. Nothing bad happened as you can see on the picture above.

If you want to see more manicures with the theme 'Light blue' or 'Flowers', please check out the awesome ladies below: 
   
   

Thank you so much for watching
Have a great day!

Love, Inge (PolishSis)

1 comment:

  1. Not bad for a first attempt. Keep on practicing and you will surely nail it.

    ReplyDelete

Big hug from me to you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I love reading your comments :-)

If you want me to check out your blog, please send me an email and I'll certainly take a look.
I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU if you leave your link in a comment, so don't even bother.

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

A England (2) alice in Wonderland (4) Anny (1) Apothica (8) Baby (4) Barielle (2) Beetlejuice (6) Beige (1) Beyu (1) black (15) Blaze (1) blue (49) blush (1) Born Pretty Store (1) Bourjois (1) Brown (2) brush stroke manicure (1) BYS (3) Catrice (9) cats (3) challenge (7) chevron (1) China Glaze (54) Christmas (1) Claire's (2) CND (1) Collistar (1) Color Club (19) comparison (6) Copper (3) coral (3) Crackle (8) creme (21) CultNails (2) cuteness (1) Deborah Lippmann (1) decoration (1) Diamond Cosmetics (2) distressed nails (1) dots (3) Duochrome (12) DutchIndie (4) Easter (1) Essence (16) Essie (5) EvilShades (1) Eyes (3) flakies (9) foil (9) Franken (2) French manicure (3) FUN Lacquer (2) Fyrinnae (2) Galaxy (1) giveaway (9) glassfleck (4) glitter (76) GlossyBox (4) Gold (30) Gosh (3) got (2) GOTPolishChallenge (6) Green (41) grey (5) groen (1) Guestblog (1) Hard Candy (1) Hema (25) Hennes and Maurits (3) herome (1) Herôme (10) highlight (1) Hits (2) Holographic (40) Hunkemöller (1) Indie nailpolish (12) Isadora (3) Jade (1) JindieNails (5) Kerstmis (1) Kiko (4) kkcenterhk (1) Kleancolor (4) Konad (19) LA Girl (4) lacquester (2) Laquester (1) lila (4) Lilac (1) Lips (2) magenta (1) make-up (1) Matte (11) mauve (1) MaxFactor (1) Metallic (12) Milani (5) Mint (3) Misa (30) Models Own (8) MS (1) multichrome (2) multicolour (15) nagellak (5) nailart (54) nailfoil (1) nailstickers (3) nailvinyls (1) Neon (20) Nfu-Oh (6) NicolebyOPI (1) Nubar (4) OMG (1) oogschaduw (1) oogschaduwpotlood (1) OPI (44) orange (15) Orly (11) Peach (2) Pink (49) PolishAlcoholic (1) pretty&polished (2) pu (1) Purple (42) rainbow (1) Red (15) Rescue Beauty Lounge (6) review (1) Sally Hansen (6) Sand (1) saran wrap (1) Savvy (1) SdP plate (3) sephora (2) Shatter (4) shimmer (25) silver (16) Sinful Colors (1) smartnails (10) snailvinyls (1) SpaRitual (6) splatter (2) splatternails (1) sponging (1) Spotted (1) stamping (1) stars (1) studs (2) Suede (1) swap (4) swatch (4) Tag (5) taupe (2) Teal (18) thermal (2) Tim Burton (3) toddler (1) turquoise (5) Tutorial (1) TwinkledT (1) Ultrachrome (1) Valentine (1) Vampy (5) vinyls (1) Viva la Nails (10) W7 (3) waterdecal (1) watermarble (1) Wet 'n Wild (1) white (9) Yellow (13) YesLove (1) ziplock (1) Zoya (9) zwart (1)

Followers