OPI's from Ebay: spot the fake OPI Silver Shatter!

By
Like almost everyone else I desperatey wanted the OPI Silver Shatter ( and my mom had been begging me to buy her one too ), ofcourse it was immediately sold out at all etailers that ship to Europe so there was only one place left to go...Ebay
I decided to buy both bottles from a different seller, hoping at least one would be real. The first bottle I received was perfect, the second bottle not so much ...just take a look for yourself:

Net als bijna iedereen wilde ik de OPI Silver Shatter erg graag hebben ( en mijn moeder smeekte me ook al een hele tijd om een flesje ), natuurlijk was het direct uitverkocht bij alle etailers die naar Europa verzenden dus was er nog maar één plek waar ik terecht kon...Ebay
Ik besloot om allebei de flesjes bij een andere verkoper te kopen, voor als één van hen namaak verkocht. Het eerste flesje dat ik ontving was perfect, het tweede flesje niet...kijk zelf maar:

I marked the one I think is fake with a red arrow. The one I think is the real deal is marked with a green arrow.
As you can see clearly they have a different label attached

Ik heb degene waarvan ik denk dat die namaak is aangegeven met een rode pijl. degene waarvan ik denk dat die wel echt is heeft een groene pijl.
Zoals je duidelijk ziet hebben ze een verschillend kaartje aan het flesje

- The shatter design on the cap of the suspected fake bottle isn't placed neatly, it has a gap at the bottle of the cap ( see upper arrow )
- The bottle of the fake? shatter is slightly bigger
- The font of the assumed fake is thinner, the real one as a more bold font (middle arrow )
- The real bottle has a serial number on the bottom of the bottle where the suspected fake one hasn't (lower arrow )

- Het shatter patroon op de dop van het vermoedelijk namaak flesje is er slordig op geplakt, er is een hele rand vrij aan de onderkant van de dop ( zie bovenste pijl )
- Het flesje onechte? shatter is iets groter
- Het lettertype van de vermoedelijke namaak is dunner, de echte heeft wat dikkere letters ( middelste pijl )
- Het echte flesje heeft een serienummer onderaan het flesje, de waarschijnlijk nepperd heeft dat niet (laagste pijl )

This picture doesn't even need explanation. They were probably in a hurry getting all the (suspected) fakies ones on Ebay and didn't have time to apply that sticker neatly.

Deze foto heeft niet eens uitleg nodig. Ze hadden waarschijnlijk haast om al die (vermoedelijke) nepperds op Ebay te zetten en hadden geen tijd om die dop netjes te beplakken.

All real OPI's I own have a barcode on the bottom, so another reason to think the bottle with the red arrow is fake.

Alle echte OPI's die ik heb, hebben een streepjescode aan de onderkant van het flesje, dus dit is nog een reden om te denken dat het flesje met de rode pijl niet echt is.

excuse the 5 day old mani and dry cuticles :-s
And now the final test: can you see which is the real and wich is probably the fake OPI Silver Shatter???
I can honestly tell you there is no difference in the polish itself and I can't remember which one is on which nail. They look exactly the same, smell the same, give the same nice crackle pattern and both very pretty.
So do I feel bad giving my mom the fake Silver Shatter? Hell no, the bottle is slightly bigger and the polish looks just the same as the real one, she won't suspect a thing! ;-)

En nu de belangrijkste test: Kijk goed en vertel me wat is de echte OPI en wat is wellicht een nepperd???
Ik kan je heel eerlijk vertellen dat ik geen verschil zie en daarom ook niet meer weet welke ik op welke nagel heb gedaan. Ze zijn precies hetzelfde, ruiken hetzelfde, geven hetzelfde leuke patroon en zijn allebei mooi.
Dus schaam ik me dat ik de onechte aan mijn moeder heb gegeven? Echt niet, dat flesje is ietsje groter en ze ziet toch het verschil niet! ;-)

**********
So if you go shopping on Ebay, know there are fakes lurking around there, but on your nail you can't see the difference! ( I bought the real one from Ezbeauty2010 )

Dus als je gaat winkelen op Ebay, hou er rekening mee dat er stiekem ook nepperds tussen verstopt zitten, maar op je nagel zie je het verschil niet! ( ik heb de echte gekocht bij EZbeauty2010 )

Thank you soooo much for watching
I hope you enjoyed watching this post
Have a nice day!
XOXOXOXOXX

PS- Don't forget to enter my Apothica Giveaway ( $ 25 Giftcard )

15 comments:

  1. Haha! Great post! :)

    And lol@giving your mom the fake one! Too funny! As long as they crack the same, who cares!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't think the black shatter is fake. I have the black shatter and it has the same label tag on it and I bought mine out the store and the wrapper comes over the top a little too.
    But the silver shatter bottle label does look suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one from Ulta a while back that looks like the "fake" one. Someone just peeled off the barcode, and the crackle shrink wrap was not on all the way before they shrunk it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also you should check your brush and see if you see the opi engraving

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Babrbie, Thank you and sssst don't tell my mom :-D

    @ Skyla, hmmm didn't know OPI would send them out like that, but I guess sh*t happens. The tip about the brush is great, I forgot about that, going to check that bottle when I'm over at my mom.

    @Laura: I thought if you bought a bottle full price in the store you were sure to get the real deal, but maybe the stores are sometimes fooled too???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bizar zeg, wist wel van fake MAC maar had nog nooit fake OPI gezien O_O

    ReplyDelete
  7. My silver shatter was sent from OPI for review. The foil on the cap was definitely not perfect, and often the stickers on those bottles do not have barcodes. Perhaps something like that is the case. It make be fake but I would not be surprised if both of those bottles are real either. I guess in the end as long as the polish is still good I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think that one is fake. Sometimes, I buy OPI and the bottles won't be exactly the same. And sometimes, they'll come without that barcode label on the bottom. If you rip the barcode label off yourself, the other label is underneath, so I just assume the barcode label got ripped off somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I doubt that is fake. Probably just to as neatly presented. I bet the barcode was removed because they aren't licensed to sell it. Don't worry I'm pretty sure those are both authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To me, both look authentic- someone just peeled off the first layer of the sticker on the bottom.... If you peel a layer off your "original" bottle, you'll see the same sticker on the (in my opinion real) second bottle.

    And as Rikki said, one of the sellers might not have been authorised to sell OPIs (for example transdesign isn't one and they only have one sticker on the bottom and the serial number is filed off on the bottle or on the handle)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. I would've expected the fake one to be terrible, but they look exactly the same O_O that's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beide lakjes zijn volgens mij gewoon echt. Ligt er aan waar ze vandaan komen (land, denk ik). De lak die jij als 'fake' bestempeld kocht ik bij de Sephora (Zelfde label). De print op de dop is gewoon bij de één meer verschoven en niet zo netjes erop gemaakt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wat grappig dit! Ik ben sowieso niet echt thuis in het spotten van fake artikelen, dus dat laat ik aan anderen over. Maar wel leuk dat je het zo hebt bekeken :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. My turquoise shatter's handle wrap is exactly the same as your "fake", and I doubt mine is fake. I think you're stretching :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think you can take some of these signs to heart. I've bought the OPIs from salons that came straight out of the OPI box and the stickers were like that. They kind of just slide on. The one sign I really go by is the OPI imprinted on the brush. Never fail! Plus, the "Peel me" part of the lower label might have accidentally fallen off. The real ones look like that under the barcode!

    ReplyDelete

Big hug from me to you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I love reading your comments :-)

If you want me to check out your blog, please send me an email and I'll certainly take a look.
I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU if you leave your link in a comment, so don't even bother.

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

A England (2) alice in Wonderland (4) Anny (1) Apothica (8) Baby (4) Barielle (2) Beetlejuice (6) Beige (1) Beyu (1) black (15) Blaze (1) blue (49) blush (1) Born Pretty Store (1) Bourjois (1) Brown (2) brush stroke manicure (1) BYS (3) Catrice (9) cats (3) challenge (7) chevron (1) China Glaze (54) Christmas (1) Claire's (2) CND (1) Collistar (1) Color Club (19) comparison (6) Copper (3) coral (3) Crackle (8) creme (21) CultNails (2) cuteness (1) Deborah Lippmann (1) decoration (1) Diamond Cosmetics (2) distressed nails (1) dots (3) Duochrome (12) DutchIndie (4) Easter (1) Essence (16) Essie (5) EvilShades (1) Eyes (3) flakies (9) foil (9) Franken (2) French manicure (3) FUN Lacquer (2) Fyrinnae (2) Galaxy (1) giveaway (9) glassfleck (4) glitter (76) GlossyBox (4) Gold (30) Gosh (3) got (2) GOTPolishChallenge (6) Green (41) grey (5) groen (1) Guestblog (1) Hard Candy (1) Hema (25) Hennes and Maurits (3) herome (1) Herôme (10) highlight (1) Hits (2) Holographic (40) Hunkemöller (1) Indie nailpolish (12) Isadora (3) Jade (1) JindieNails (5) Kerstmis (1) Kiko (4) kkcenterhk (1) Kleancolor (4) Konad (19) LA Girl (4) lacquester (2) Laquester (1) lila (4) Lilac (1) Lips (2) magenta (1) make-up (1) Matte (11) mauve (1) MaxFactor (1) Metallic (12) Milani (5) Mint (3) Misa (30) Models Own (8) MS (1) multichrome (2) multicolour (15) nagellak (5) nailart (54) nailfoil (1) nailstickers (3) nailvinyls (1) Neon (20) Nfu-Oh (6) NicolebyOPI (1) Nubar (4) OMG (1) oogschaduw (1) oogschaduwpotlood (1) OPI (44) orange (15) Orly (11) Peach (2) Pink (49) PolishAlcoholic (1) pretty&polished (2) pu (1) Purple (42) rainbow (1) Red (15) Rescue Beauty Lounge (6) review (1) Sally Hansen (6) Sand (1) saran wrap (1) Savvy (1) SdP plate (3) sephora (2) Shatter (4) shimmer (25) silver (16) Sinful Colors (1) smartnails (10) snailvinyls (1) SpaRitual (6) splatter (2) splatternails (1) sponging (1) Spotted (1) stamping (1) stars (1) studs (2) Suede (1) swap (4) swatch (4) Tag (5) taupe (2) Teal (18) thermal (2) Tim Burton (3) toddler (1) turquoise (5) Tutorial (1) TwinkledT (1) Ultrachrome (1) Valentine (1) Vampy (5) vinyls (1) Viva la Nails (10) W7 (3) waterdecal (1) watermarble (1) Wet 'n Wild (1) white (9) Yellow (13) YesLove (1) ziplock (1) Zoya (9) zwart (1)

Followers